| 0 comments ]


This is the final day of working split shifts. I have to admit that I have enjoyed seeing the best parts of the entire day. I've been up at 5AM each morning and seen the sky just before sunrise. The moon has been a sliver of a crescent and the sky has been a brilliant dark blue. During the lunch hour, I've been at home soaking up the afternoon sunshine. In the evenings, I've seen the warm sunlight as it sets over the city. I have definitely enjoyed it, but I'm ready to go back to my normal 10-6PM work schedule! So today's my final day to be at home and enjoy making lunch.


On today's menu, a light salad of butter lettuce tossed with some sweet, juicy organic apples, chunky gorgonzola, and walnuts. Yum! Definitely try this with butter lettuce. It's sometimes called boston lettuce and it has a softer texture than romaine or iceberg. I got a bag of butter lettuce mixed with some radicchio (a red leaf chicory that has a peppery taste) at Trader Joe's for $1.99.


Sunshine Salad
2-3 cups butter lettuce
1/4 sweet apple, sliced (fuji, gala, golden delicious are great)
1 TBLS crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 TBLS walnut pieces
1 TBLS golden raisins
1 TBLS red wine vinaigrette (use your favorite)
2 tsps apple juice

Place lettuce in a large bowl. In a small cup, mix the red wine vinaigrette and apple juice together. Pour over the lettuce and toss to combine. Turn the dressed lettuce on to a plate and top with the apple slices, cheese, nuts, and raisins.

Serves 1

www.tips-fb.com
, , ,

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :-D!

~ Erin