| 1 comments ]


Mr. Darcy: What endearments am I allowed?

Elizabeth Bennet: Well let me think...”Lizzie" for every day, "My Pearl" for Sundays, and...”Goddess Divine"
...but only on *very* special occasions.

Mr. Darcy: And... what should I call you when I am cross? Mrs. Darcy...?

Elizabeth Bennet: No! No. You may only call me "Mrs. Darcy"
...when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.

Mr. Darcy: Then how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy?


---------------------------------

One thing TV should never do.

It should never mess up/edit an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.

Never ever.

Last night I was the victim of such an atrocity. I had to take another day off of work because my allergies have been horrific, and I have felt even worse (it's hard to talk on the radio when you can't talk, you know?). So I was consoling myself with the TV when the 2005 Pride & Prejudice adaptation with Kierra Knightly and Matthew McFayden came on. It's not my favorite version, but it would do.



This scene is one of the most beautiful parts of the whole movie. It's the ending.

THE ENDING.

It's a wonderful ending. They use the word "incandescently." When was the last time you heard that word? Yeah, me too. It's such a beautiful word.

And they cut it.

They cut the entire scene out.

They cut the entire ending out.

How could they?? Why would they? It's a tragic travesty!!!!!!

I know it was cut by a man who had no appreciation for Jane Austen.

It was probably cut by a man who doesn't recognize what true love is.

OR, even worse, it was cut by a Jane Austen purist who said, "It wasn't in the book, it's not going on TV."

I'm faux suing E! TV $17.99 for the cost of me buying the DVD to finish watching the scene plus $1.99 for the box of Junior Mints I plan on eating while I watch it.

www.tips-fb.com
, , , ,
Cara said... @ April 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Sometimes I find it a bit scary that we are so similar and yet we've never met! I am a complete Jane Austenite myself and that is just shameful that they took out that amazing last scene. How many times have you sat through the A&E miniseries??? I used some of your cu overlay freebies you gave away months ago, and want to give you a coupon to the kit. Email me at sweettomatoscrapper at cox dot net

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :-D!

~ Erin