| 0 comments ]


"This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry
is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men."

~Captain J. A. Hadfield~

Well, going to the beach was a great idea...until it decided to downpour Sunday...and the Weather Channel said it was going to rain for two days straight. There was no sense driving 3 hours to the beach and having it look like a giant, wet litter box, so we opted for something different. My parents frequently get away to the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, and have been dying to take me there. Since it's only 90 minutes away, it seemed doable. I threw some stuff in my hot pink suitcase and the parents and I made the rainy trip to the Bavarian Inn.


Doesn't this place look so European? I felt like I was in the Alps when I first saw it from the roadway.


My room was nothing short of incredible...a fireplace, a private balcony with an incredible view of the Potomac River...I felt totally luxurious.


My room had a king bed with the most comfortable mattress and bedding EVER. Seriously. If it wasn't against the law, I would have taken the whole thing out of the room and carted it home!


On the coffee table in front of the fireplace was a basket with two red apples. I thought it was a unique and thoughtful touch.


On the way up, we stopped at Barnes & Noble because I needed a book (or three!) to read. I found this delightful Pride & Prejudice mystery series by Carrie Bebris called, "The Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery Series". I'm going out to the library today to see if I can borrow the rest. Fans of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice will no doubt like it :-D. I listened to Greg Maroney on my Mp3 player while I read the entire afternoon away!


One final photo - this is for my dad the still life artist. Love you Dad!

www.tips-fb.com
, ,

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :-D!

~ Erin